BDFPA (British Drug Free Powerlifting Association) Divisionals
My first competition competing for the BDFPA and overall not a bad attempt. There is a few adjustments that need making ready for the next competition:
- Put on 3.5kg to make sure I get the most from lifting in the 82.5kg weight category. The extra few kilos allows you to lift that little more as discovered from my previous PB’s at a heavier weight.
- Include more box squats in my routine to drill in the correct depth. Squatting as low as I am means I am losing tension and reducing the amount of weight I can squat
- Include close grip bench press, board presses and overhead presses to strengthen my triceps and shoulders. This should allow me complete the lockout and drive through the sticking phases
- Switch to Sumo deadlift. As a quad dominant lifter and someone who lifts with a less aggressive style, the sumo deadlift may be the better option with a better practice.
3) 146kg (current Junior British record 82.5kg category stands at 145kg)